Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Blogging...


Have I enjoyed blogging? No. Do I think it will be useful in the classroom? Yes. I have a love hate relationship with blogging. I do think that it would be an excellent way of reaching parents and students outside the classroom. Parents need to know what is going on in their child's classroom, what they can ask their children about, and what homework they can help their child with. Communicating with parents is key to a successful education, but why does it have to involve technology? I think that we have forgotten what talking with someone face to face really means. It means that you have taken the time out of your busy day to actually talk to someone, instead of just sending them a quick e-mail or fax. Even a hand written note means so much in these days of hurry. I think that a blog would be an effective way of reaching parents, but how personal is it? I also think that students should be excited enough about school to tell their parents at least a little about what they are doing and learning. Parents should not have to snoop around or hear it through the grape vine. Blogging is difficult for me because I guess I would rather just talk to a person about my thoughts and feelings, other than just typing them, posting them, and hoping someone will read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment