Wednesday, May 13, 2009

i-movies


The i-movie projects have been fun and entertaining to watch. I have really enjoyed seeing what other groups came up with for a movie and what their books were about. I have been impressed by the projects and inspired to read the books. I think this was great way to start conversations about issues in the field of education. The movies have also provided opportunities to hear stories that of teachers that have made a difference which in turn motivate us to become one as well. The only thing that was hard about the i-movies was trying to figure out how to react to it. Because there was no rubric to follow, it was very hard to figure just what to put in the movies. It really pushed us to be creative. The creativity makes for a diversity of projects, but because of that the reflection sheets were awfully hard to fill out. A simple solution to this problem would be to have some form of rubric. I do not think that rubrics hinder creativity, as long as they are loosely written and there is still room for creativity. Some people need structure. I also think that having a rubric is beneficial because it is a fair grading system that holds everyone to the same expectations. I think that I would have felt better about myself and my i-movie if I knew what was expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment